OPEN TO: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
POSITION: SAFETY PROGRAM COORDINATOR, FSN-08, FP-6*
OPENING DATE: Tuesday, May 17, 2011
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, May 31, 2011
WORK HOURS : Full-time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Not-Ordinarily Resident: $ 44,737 p.a. (Starting Salary based on 40 hours)
(Position Grade: FP-6 following confirmation by Washington)
*Ordinarily Resident: Gross Salary DH 191,285 p.a. (Starting Salary based on 40 hours including allowances, competitive bonus and benefits package) (Position Grade: FSN-08)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Rabat is seeking an individual for the position of Safety Program Coordinator.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent will assist Post Occupational Safety and Health Officer (POSHO) in carrying out the day-to-day functions of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management (SHEM) and Fire Protection Division (FIR) programs at post. S/he is also responsible for ensuring that ail government owned and leased property in the country meet the requirements of safety, fire and quality standards as well as other related departmental requirements, monitoring, evaluating, inspecting and conducting quality assurance inspections on work performed by contractors and maintenance personnel, and maintaining records on ail ongoing building and equipment maintenance and repair work. Incumbent will also provide construction management services for the full variety of projects undertaken by the embassy.
NOTE: AH applicants must meet ail qualifications and provide supporting documentation for each criterion
Education: Engineering degree is required.
Experience: 3 years experience in applied/practical engineering is required.
Language: Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) in English, and French is required. Level 4 (Fluency) in
Arabic is required.
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints and one liners is required.
- Sufficient knowledge in any of the following: HVACS, Chillers, Generators, Electrical Distribution System and Building maintenance is required.
- Construction management experience is required.
- Following training, Comprehensive knowledge of SI IBM and OSIIA guidelines and required practices and procedures and general specialist knowledge of environmental safety standards are required.
- Familiarity with 6 sigma, ISO 9001, US Govt. project execution and methods submittal is required.
- Computer proficiency is required.
- Must possess excellent written and oral skills in order to conduct training and drafting of correspondence and reports.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and oversee multiple projects is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
When equally qualified, US Citizen EFMs and US Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADD1TIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report arc not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE.) work schedule.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees must serve in the same position for a period of 52 weeks before being eligible to apply for advertised positions. A waiver to this requirement by the employee and cleared by the American supervisor must be submitted to the Human Resources Officer for approval prior to applying for a position.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment, DS-174 form.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (c.g. education diplomas, essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
a) By mail to: Human Resources Office Attention: Vacancy Announcement 11-18
Address: 2 Avenue Mohamed El Fassi (ex-Marrakech), Rabat
b) By e-mail: RecruitmentRabat@state.gov
Important: If your application has been selected for further consideration, you will be contacted within 3-6 weeks from the closing date of this vacancy announcement for further testing and/or interview.