An International Financial Institution with Headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria), Six Regional Offices in Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Cote d'lvoire), Port Louis (Mauritius), Lagos (Nigeria) end Cairo (Egypt), as well as two subsidiary Companies in Johannesburg (South Africa) and Cairo (Egypt), owned by 41 member States of the African Union (AU), the African Development Bank (AfDB), the IFC (International Finance Corporation), the DEG (German Development Finance Institution), the FMO (Dutch private sector financing company), the PROPARCO (a branch of Agence Frangaise de Developpement) and 107 insurance and reinsurance companies.
I. Job Title
This position is for Assistant Director Financial Reporting in the Head Office Lagos (Nigeria).
II. JOB OBJECTIVE
The job includes, amongst other duties and responsibilities, the timely and accurate preparation and analysis of the consolidated financial reports of the Corporation, the management accounting information as well as their timely presentation to Management.
III. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall accuracy of the financial statements of the Corporation;
- Compliance with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Timely preparation of the annual consolidated budget and cash flow forecast for the Corporation;
- Co-ordination and timely completion of the external audit of the financial records of the Corporation in line;
- Other duties that may be assigned by the Director of Finance and Accounts and Management.
Position is on PS4 grade according to the job classification system in place in the Corporation and the candidate successful at the selection exercise shall report to the Director of Finance and Accounts in accordance with the Corporation's organigram.
The successful candidate shall be based in Lagos (Nigeria) with the possibility of redeployment to any Branch of the Group.
VI. MAIN COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
- Strong knowledge of insurance and reinsurance operations and accounting
- Strong knowledge of internal control processes
- Strong understanding of the accounting consolidation process
- Strong understanding of management accounting and financial management
- Strong understanding of IFRS
VII. BEHAVIORAL TRAIT AND COMPETENCIES
- Capacity for analyzing and reasoning
- Capacity for organizing
- Capacity for planning
- Ability to train subordinates
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Integrity and honesty
- Capacity for taking initiatives and decisions
- Ability to foster cordial relationship with colleagues and outsiders
- Should be fluent in one of the two working languages (French or English) of the Corporation. However, a good knowledge of the second language shall be an added advantage.
VIII. QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Applicants for this position shall be holders of;
- First University degree plus Masters plus 9 years posl qualification relevant qualitative work experience;
- First University degree plus full professional qualification in accounting plus 9 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience;
- First University degree plus 13 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience.
- Relevant work experience in a Insurance/Reinsurance company would be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience in a management position would be an added advantage.
IX. BASIC SALARY RANGE:
US$ 83,478 and US$ 99,135 per annum (free of tax)
Other benefits include: education allowance for dependent children, home leave transportation, housing allowance, medical cover, etc.
X. SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Applications should be sent to the AFRICA RE Group Managing Director / CEO through the following electronic address: email@example.com.
An automatic electronic reply will be sent to all the applicants to acknowledge receipt of their applications.
Closing date for applications is four weeks from the date of publication.